Services We Offer
As an established Electric Gate and barrier installer, we are main dealers, stockists and installers, with all the top brands of manufacturers.
- A complete Design service and advice on choosing and building the right type of electric gates / barriers for the job.
- Supply only, or complete start to finish supply and fit of an electric gate system.
- Technical support, from a dedicated service engineer/manager – over the phone, or on-site assistance.
- More importantly, we provide a guaranteed 24hr assistance, for emergencies – with a person, who WILL be available, to answer the phone.
- As fully qualified gate safety engineers, we can help in advising/designing/upgrading gate safety systems, with a solutions for all applications.
- Independent gate safety audits, and force testing.
- Tailored servicing contracts, to suit every application.
- Our 100% manned offices (normal daytime hours) give customers the peace of mind that there will always be someone to answer the phone, over if they wish to pop in, for spares / advice.
- Supplying all electric gate and barrier spares (usually in stock – if not, next day delivery guaranteed – even to your house).
Yes. Very often. This is dependent on several factors, but plays a large part of our percentage of constant work.
Yes. Very often we do this, but it is dependent on the manufacturer of your system, and its’ condition.
Please note: It is very commonplace that we often have to advise on potential safety improvements, to bring the system up to spec, with current gate safety regulations. This sometimes means that we cannot carry out a repair, until the upgrades are first installed. It is because all the legal onus is on the installer/repair engineer who touches the system last.
Technically, yes. However, a manufacturer would not recognise this, for warranty purposes, as it was not carried out by a trained gate engineer.
Furthermore, it gets complicated relating to the gate safety systems – which do need to be regularly tested and inspected by a qualified gate safety engineer.
We do however, strongly recommend and urge customers to carry out usual basic regular monthly checks and lubrication to certain parts of the system, to ensure all moving parts and release mechanisms are running smoothly, etc.
Yes. A basic rate, to just cover our time, to diagnose, and present a solution, if further parts are needed.
A minimum of 2 years is provided on the gate/automation. Intercoms have 1 year. Safety systems have one year. An extended warranty service can be offered, but is reliant on the customer having an engineer service the system as often as is recommended.
No charge. A free comprehensive quote is offered, with a site visit, and free advice.
We do however, often like to firstly give the customer a ball park figure of what to expect, just to see if its actually a financially feasible exercise.
We will then, come over to do a more detailed survey, and write up a quote – still, with no obligation, or any costs incurred by yourself.
Yes. We are always readily available to give you all the help we can, to ensure everything has been considered and prepared for – no obligation or charge.
Absolutely. It is a free site visit, and we will explain clearly where and why the added safety features need to be addressed, with a written quote, for you to consider.
Note: In rare but certain circumstances, if we see an extremely dangerous situation, that could result in a likely and serious injury, then we may very well have to advise turning it off, until is it improved.
As DHF and Camesafe engineers, the HSE can endorse such powers on ourselves, to isolate and issue a warning and improvement letter on the system.